VAC1040 - Marine Pilot Trainee
Marine Pilot Trainee programme ::
This vacancy is open to UAE Nationals only (Scholarship Programe)
The Marine Department is responsible for the allocation of berths to seagoing and inland vessels. It also ensures the safety of navigation, on the quays and in sheds and supervises the enforcement of the government marine authority in the port area.
Key training areas to be covered during the programme include:
- To obtain an understanding of DP World, the mission and values and contribute towards departmental goals and objectives.
- To understand all marine related activities and shipping movements for port operations.
- To learn how to arrange work shifts for marine personnel for mooring and unmooring ships.
- To understand the activities involved in marine maintenance, air conditioning and transport workshop by maintaining craft, equipments and vehicles.
- To obtain an understanding of maintenance and deployment of oil pollution equipment for safety purposes.
- To learn how to supervise shore mooring gangs for safe mooring of ships in the port.
- To display punctuality by reporting to work on time and maintaining daily attendance.
- To develop key competencies namely teamwork, flexibility, creativity, commitment and innovation to effectively meet learning objectives.
- To learn and understand the various functions of Marine operations in terms of all marine activities, including pilot age, shipping movements, pollution control, safe navigation, hydrographic informationthrough structured training and development plan.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Graduate in any major
- Abel to travel
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite products
- Good level of oral and written English language
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible with change
- Able to be creative and find ways to continually improve
- Able to meet deadlines and achieve objectives
Rewards & Opportunities:
Trainees receive a combined package of 9,339 AED per month, inclusive of accommodation and transport allowance.
Other Benefits include:
- Air ticket allowance for employee only
- 22 working days annual leave per annum
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- DP World will make monthly contributions to your pension
- As a member of the Dubai World group, there is a large number of discounts and promotions available to DP World staff in the UAE region
Training, Development & Career Progression:
We are committed to the development of our people and aim to retain talent by investing in ongoing training & development to help improve skills and performance. Training provided will include on the job training, classroom training and coaching.
The Emiratisation department will monitor your training and progress and provide continual feedback and support during this period. Once you have completed the trainee development programme, you will be assessed and if successful confirmed into a permanent position. HR will provide career advise and planning to help you progress within the organisation
DP World processes personal information in accordance with Data Protection principles and takes reasonable steps to ensure accuracy of data. Please be advised that your personal information is stored in a secure central database which is owned by the Dubai World Group of Companies, of which DP World FZE is a part of.
You are about to be redirected to an application form; by completing this form you confirm that the personal information provided is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. In addition, you have read and fully understand the contents herein and consent to Dubai World Group of Companies processing of your personal data for relevant purposes in accordance with the Company's Data Protection Policy.