VAC1141 - Office Boy / Driver Light Vehicle
About the Business:
DP World is one of the leading global terminal operators with a network of 43 marine terminals spanning 28 countries. We provide quality services designed to enhance customers' supply chain efficiency, including bringing together container and other terminals, free zones, logistics facilities, infrastructure developments and consultancy services where these services add value for customers. We are committed to providing an environment that is safe for all and, together in taking personal accountability with our employees for making safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
About the Role:
This position reports to SUPERVISOR / DEPARTMENT HEAD and the main purpose of the role is :
1 )office boy: To provide support services to the office and staff therefore contributing to the smooth flow of functions with the department.
2) DRIVER LIGHT VEHICLE: To escort guests, staff and ensure free flow of materials, mail and goods between departments therefore adding support to the smooth running of departmental functions.
Key accountabilities will include:
- To prepare and serve tea/coffee for staff and for visitors upon request in a courteous and professional manner.
- To take photocopies, send fax as required by section manager for departmental requirements.
- To retain the keys of the office door and open the Office in the morning before commencement of working hours and locking after close of working hours to ensure security of office surroundings.
- To report to section manager any breakdown of electricity, air conditioning, toilet facility and inform the service agents without delay to avoid disruptions or inconveniences.
- To ensure that the office premises are kept clean by coordinating with authorized service agents thereby maintaining a healthy environment.
- To keep stock of office stationery and pantry supplies and replenish fresh stocks as and when required by informing the section manager thereby ensuring adequate amount is always maintained for office use.
DRIVER LIGHT VEHICLE :
- To escort guests and employee staff to different locations within the port in a courteous manner.
- To collect outgoing mail documents from various locations and deliver to department in an organized manner.
- To deliver receipts of stock items from goods inwards and deliver to various stores outlets in an efficient manner.
- To obtain signature on Good Received Note, from user for direct items thereby confirming the delivery.
- To move stock transfer between stores as per transfer note for departmental requirements.
- To frequently check fluid levels and ensure the vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times for safety purposes.
- To undertake underta safety standards while driving the vehicle to avoid accidents in compliance with DP World Safety Standards.
Experience & Qualifications:
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Higher Secondary Certificate or Equivalent
- Valid UAE light vehicle driving license
Skills and Experience
- Two years experience as an Office Assistant. Must have pleasant appearance, able to communicate without difficulty, and carry out simple tasks.2-3 experience of safe driving as a driver of a light vehicle
- (insert the skills and experience required, including DP World Leadership Competencies related to the role, bullet point format)
Renumeration and Employment Benefits:
We are committed to the development of our people and aim to retain talent by investing in ongoing training to improve performance and provide career development opportunities. In addition, we offer competitive base salaries in comparison to the markets in which we operate. The employment benefits package is reflective of the location, for this position the benefits consists of:
- Accommodation Allowance or Company Accommodation
- Transport Allowance
- Annual Air Ticket(s) for self
- Government Medical Coverage
- 22 working days annual leave
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- End of Service Benefit
If you would like to download the full job description, please Click here
DP World processes personal information in accordance with Data Protection principles and takes reasonable steps to ensure accuracy of data. Please be advised that your personal information is stored in a secure central database which is owned by the Dubai World Group of Companies, of which DP World FZE is a part of.
You are about to be redirected to an application form; by completing this form you confirm that the personal information provided is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. In addition, you have read and fully understand the contents herein and consent to Dubai World Group of Companies processing of your personal data for relevant purposes in accordance with the Company's Data Protection Policy.