VAC1370 - Supervisor Trainee - Container Terminal
Supervisor Trainee - Container Terminal:
This vacancy is open to UAE Nationals only
The Operations Department mainly operates container handling equipment giving the organization the flexibility to respond quickly to customers' requests even during peak seasons. In order to meet the increasing demands and sustain the level of customer service, DP World has taken delivery of 4 mega gantry cranes, installed at the Jebel Ali container terminal early in 2005 and an additional 6 in the latter part of the same year.These gantries manufactured by ZPMC in China are the largest of their kind in the world and the first of their type to be installed in the Middle East. They are able to lift two 40 foot or four 20 foot containers simultaneously. In addition to this 14 Twinlift Cranes, also manufactured by ZPMC, were installed during the period from 2004 to 2006 bring the total Cranes in Terminal 1 at that time to 45. As of March 2009 Container Terminal 1 will have 50 Cranes and Container Terminal 2 will have 20 Cranes to ensure the progressive handling capacity in DP World’s Jebel Ali terminals.
Key training areas to be covered during the Training programme include:
- To obtain an understanding of DP World, the mission and values and contribute towards departmental goals and objectives.
- To understand the day-to-day activities of safe and cost effective Terminal Operations.
- To learn how to provide work and berth planning for the shifts based on vessel schedule
- To understand all activities involved with shipping Lines, Agents & Customers in relation to container terminal operations.
- To obtain an understanding of forecasting and planning container terminal operations in liaison with main line shipping companies. .
- To learn to manage and instruct all operations personnel in daily activities.
- To display punctuality by reporting to work on time and maintaining daily attendance.
- To develop key competencies namely teamwork, flexibility, creativity, commitment and innovation to effectively meet learning objectives.
- To complete learning logs for performance review and identification of additional training.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Diploma in any discipline.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite products.
- Good level of oral and written English language.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Flexible with change.
- Able to be creative and find ways to continually improve.
- Able to meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
Rewards & Opportunities:
- Air ticket allowance for self and authorised family members.
- Government Medical Insurance for self and authorised family members.
- 27 working days annual leave per annum.
- Discretionary annual performance bonus.
- DP World will make monthly contributions to your pension.
- As a member of the Dubai World group, there is a large number of discounts available to DP World staff in the UAE region.
Training, Development & Career Progression:
We are committed to the development of our people and aim to retain talent by investing in ongoing training & development to help improve skills and performance.
The Emiratisation department will monitor your training and progress and provide continual feedback and support during this period. Once you have completed the trainee development programme, you will be assessed and if successful confirmed into a permanent position. HR will provide career advise and planning to help you progress within the organisation.
DP World processes personal information in accordance with
Data Protection principles and takes reasonable steps to ensure accuracy of
data. Please be advised that your personal information is stored in a secure
central database which is owned by the Dubai World Group of Companies, of which
DP World FZE is a part of.
You are about to be redirected to an application form; by
completing this form you confirm that the personal information provided is true
and correct to the best of your knowledge. In addition, you have read and fully
understand the contents herein and consent to Dubai World Group of Companies
processing of your personal data for relevant purposes in accordance with the
Companyâ€™s Data Protection Policy.